Carpenters Collaborative Training
Building Job-site Leaders
This three-day program is designed to give jobsite supervisors the tools necessary to improve the overall jobsite, taking it from “good” to “great”.
Today’s leaders need an expanded repertoire of skills and a new mindset to succeed in the increasingly fast-paced, chaotic, and highly competitive industry. This calls for more collaborative-based leadership, and the creation of a partnership culture – one which can harness the knowledge and expertise of all stakeholders. This allows leaders to leverage everyone’s best, and better compete.
Who is Eligible?
- General Foreman
- Safety Manager(s)
- Project Manager(s)
- Owners, etc.
The UBC’s goal is 70% market share, and this program will provide the necessary tools to maximize individual productivity to achieve this goal. The collaborative leadership approach recognizes that leadership is greatest in a collective team. By encouraging equal participa- tion across all levels, a collaborative leader allows solutions to develop from the best ideas of the group, and take a team approach to problem solving.
On most jobsites, both collaborative leadership and command-and-control leadership will likely be needed to be successful. However, due to the highly competitive nature of the industry, developing leaders with the character and competencies to lead collaboratively will become an increasingly important priority. Encouraging problem solving from all levels allows the uncovering of solutions that may have never seen the light of day, and helps in growing successful businesses that contribute to a sustainable world.
Overview of Program
- Discussion with District Vice-President and/or General President
- ITC Tour
- Recognizing Your Strengths
- Deep and Impactful Relationships Across Different Sectors
- Powerful Collaborative and Partnership Skills
- Enhanced Communication Skills
- Tools to Address Leadership Challenges, and Deal with
Them More Effectively
- Entrepreneurship: “Branding Yourself-Make it Matter”
- Guest Speaker
Program Learning Objectives
- Learn how your personal leadership style impacts those around you
- Develop strategies for using personal power to build strong collaborative relationships on the jobsite
- Build a strong, cohesive team by leveraging the leader ship potential of all members
- Create a personalized leadership action plan to make you more effective and accountable back on the job
Collaborative Leadership: Building Jobsite Leaders from United Brotherhood of Carpenters on Vimeo.