Journeyman Leadership Training
Purpose of ProgramThe program was developed to give Journeymen a greater understanding of the Brotherhood, our industry, and the important part they can have in influencing the future of our union. By modeling best practices on the job, maintaining a “can do” attitude and mentoring their fellow workers, these leaders have the opportunity to shape those coming up in the Brotherhood to build a stronger future.
Why Journeymen?This program was developed for Journeymen because:
- Journeymen, who have good skills and a positive “can-do” attitude, have the potential to become our Brotherhood’s front line leaders in the field.
- Journeymen, who have good skills and a positive “can-do” attitude set the example on the job and have the biggest influence on those coming up in our union, especially with our apprentices.
- By strengthening the leadership skills of our Journeymen, we can help ensure a stronger future. Journeymen are our future leaders in the organization.
In this program you will learn:
- About the UBC’s History and Heritage
- About transformational leadership
- Communication Skills
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
In this program you will have the opportunity:
- To meet General President Douglas McCarron and ask him questions about our Brotherhood.
- To meet your Council’s Senior Leaders and your District Vice- President, and ask them questions about your Council and District.
- To hear from author and inspirational speaker Mark Breslin.
UBC Leadership Training from United Brotherhood of Carpenters on Vimeo.